My Crazy Life

My Thoughts and Blabble...

Welcome to my blog.
Yeah, my life is crazy and I am
bound to prove it.

Hope you have fun and
enjoy my blabbering.

Monday, January 19, 2009

My new tattoo...

Not really but I have a tattoo I got done last night. So now we shall do this...

This is the old one..

As you can tell, it isn't finished, not at all. The woman didn't close the tattoo as you can see the stencil marks. It's like she just tattooed within the outline. I didn't really notice that it wasn't fully finished for a few days, until it healed. It honestly doesn't look like a panther, more like a griffin. Even the name was messed up, she redid the lines a few time and on the head, there is a full line that wasn't supposed to be there.



This is the new one..
The picture is mirror imaged. This took a little over an hour to do. If you didn't know I had a tattoo before, you wouldn't know there was one there. The blending is perfect and yes, this tattoo isn't even 24 hours old so it does look rough. He blended the whiskers on the right into the wings on the last one. The white spot was from the gauze I used to blot the leaking ink. Yeah, I have leakage due to the extra ink and the antibiotic ointment. He freehanded all the details, the only thing he used to go by on my skin was the actual head. We had the laptop sitting on the kitchen table and he followed the other one I saw. Which, here is the original that he went from.

He had to improvise certain areas. Also, I believe this is a copy written tattoo from Japan. Yes, the original artist is from Japan. There wasn't a huge improvision but it was more to do with the original and covering it up.


When hubby takes more pics later on this week when it heals more, I will post them.

I am happy because it was very close to what the original picture was. He is so talented to have been able to freehand all the details.

1 comment:

Some Kinda Wonderful said...

Oooo, owwee, did you really get a really real tattoo? That just looks like it ought to hurt like the dickens! You are a very brave woman. You must be feeling better if you felt good enough to go thru that. Ouch. I'm wincing as I look at the pics. I'm thinking to myself... "is that really her arm?", "can she really be that brave?". Wow. For years and years I thought I wanted a tattoo. Then I read up on it and learned how they did it... and I got over my urge to get one. :)