My Crazy Life

My Thoughts and Blabble...

Welcome to my blog.
Yeah, my life is crazy and I am
bound to prove it.

Hope you have fun and
enjoy my blabbering.

Monday, October 13, 2008

I went into overprotective parent mode yesterday, almost got arrested

Yeah so everyone by now knows about Daisy, my newest girl. Yesterday afternoon, I almost got arrested.

See, my brother in law Matt has this Pit Bull female Azeral.. or Spaz for short. Almost every single time he comes out to his parents, he brings that dog. Spaz is full grown, over three years old. Now understand, Florida does have a leash and collar law. Mother in laws house isn't fenced in and neither is ours.

Now I can understand why everyone ( well almost everyone) hates the breed.

We had Daisy out yesterday so she could see Hennesy. Josh and Tammy ( our neighbors and Hennesy's owners) were outside BBQ so the two were playing on seperate sides of the fence. Hennesy on her's, Daisy on ours.

Now I am all paranoid anyways over Daisy.. She never goes outside unless one of us ( me or Patrick) is with her. So with that said

Someone let Spaz out of the inlaws and here this dog goes sneaking. Usually Josh has his gate open because Hennesy is trained not to go out the opened gate. ( Great Training Josh, he must tell me how he did it) So yeah, Josh's gate was closed and I happen to look up to see Spaz had gotten into Josh's yard. ( We're guessing she went under the gate). Josh had to chase his own dog off to another part of it's OWN yard until Patrick got Spaz over the fence and out of the yard. And yes, Hennesy and Spaz had gotten into fights before. And no it wasn't Hennesy's fault, Spaz went into her yard.

So I have to go back inside for something and Patrick had ran Spaz back over to the in laws. He came back and then Dasiy was with her Daddy so she could use the bathroom before she came in and also to see Hennesy.

I wasn't inside no longer than a minute whenever I hear Hennesy raising cane, and Daisy yelping and crying. I run out the door and there is Patrick trying to pull Spaz off of Daisy. He got Daisy loose and she started running towards me and I be darned if Spaz didn't come up on the porch and attack her again.

Yes, my daughter was attacked, in her own yard, on her own porch by a dog that didn't belong and wasn't on a leash or have a collar.

I was very angry. Boy was I ever.. I told Patrick if he didn't get that freaking ( not the word I used) dog back over to her owner, I was getting the riffle and killing it. Every time Daisy would move to run into the house, Spaz would attack her again.

The minute I yelled that, here comes Patrick's brother Matt (Spaz's owner) running over. And where was he during all of this? Standing on the mother in laws porch watching and LAUGHING!!

He told me if I killed or shot at his dog, he was going to kick my ass and kill my dog..

Yep, I lost it. I am so not going to put what I said here because well, it's not lady like.

Someone knew I was mad and next thing you know, here's the freaking cops.

Long story short, The cops said that if the dog continuously attacked my dog in it's own yard, I had the right to take action. Reason they said that, Josh spoke up and said that Matt was standing on the porch across the road, laughing the entire time my dog was running for it's life. He didn't even make a move to stop her until I threatened to kill the dog.

The cops did state that even though that Matt said the dog was vaccinated..he was breaking the law by not having a leash or collar on the dog. When he said he refused to do so, the cops said that if the dog was caught out again without a collar or leash, she would be taken to the pound. And they also told Matt that if my dog had been injured, I had the right to press charges and the dog would have been taken to the pound. Another cop said it was bull that Matt allowed a full grown dog to attack a small puppy and not take steps to stop the dog.

By some miracle, Daisy wasn't hurt. Heck, she was hurt worse by Hennesy the first time they met but still, she was in her yard, on her porch and I wasn't allowed to say nothing about it? I don't care if the inlaws are angry at me.. She is my baby and I am going to do everything to protect her.


Second thing..

If my sister in law doesn't quit calling my dog, trying to get her to listen to her, I am going to snap on her. What part of Daisy is mine, doesn't she understand???? I don't want my dog to take orders from no one but me and Patrick. I don't care if Jake wants to see her, we are in the process of training her not to leave the yard. She has only been here three days, do not stand in your yard, across a busy road and call my girl. If she runs out and gets hit.. It won't be pretty.

No love, your sister in law

Now, I must go do laundry while Miss Daisy is occupied.. Was I in the wrong to react like I did?

1 comment:

Some Kinda Wonderful said...

Absolutely not. I will admit that I don't understand people who treat their animals like people. I'm not quite like that, but still.... you were intirely within your rights. And furthermore, if I was you and the creepface brought that dangerous animal over again and it wasn't on a leash or collared, I would call animal control or the cops and have it taken to the pound, just on the general principle of the thing. But that's just me. You may not be that vindictive. :)