My Crazy Life

My Thoughts and Blabble...

Welcome to my blog.
Yeah, my life is crazy and I am
bound to prove it.

Hope you have fun and
enjoy my blabbering.

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

In Rememberance..



On Monday October 6, 2008 at 10:00 p.m. Ikkaku (Ku) the Crowntail Betta Fish left this world. He was the first one picked out of him and his brother Kenpachi.

Ku was a sweet boy when I first brought him home and then all heck broke loose. He was active and pushy. He knew what time it was to eat, he ran from me when I tried to get him out to change his tank. He even attempted to bite me a few times.

Ku went from an almost solid blue betta to a blue and red. He was my world.


After almost eight days of not eating, he finally gave up. I found him last night. It was like loosing my father all over again.


The above pictures were taken on the second.


I had someone tell me when I said he was dying that "He was just a fish"..

To me he wasn't just a fish, to me he was my son.


Patrick is going to take me this weekend to get another one. I know I will choose a diffrent color but I know he is trying to fill the void that Ku has left. I honestly didn't expect him to die as quick as he did because I swore he was having a turn around. I am going to check online before we even attempt to purchase another one.

I think Ken-chan (Kenpachi) knows that his brother has died. I just hope I don't loose him also.

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

Ku may have been small, but it is so obviously that he brought great happiness and joy to you. I'm sorry that those who say, "Just a fish", do not understand. All life is precious, no matter how big or small.

I am sure that you gave Ku the best life he could have had. I am truly sorry for your loss. Let it be a comfort to you that Ku is no longer in any pain.

P.S. You may know me through Pam's site as BunnyHere/OldFriend.

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear of your loss. Try to find some comfort that you were able to provide Ku with a good home and lots of love. I think all living things feel the vibrant energy that love creates.

I have 1 dog, had 4 guinia pigs(1 died last year) and have had many hermit crabs but only 4 left. All were rescued except the hermit crabs.

It's wonderful how much love can be generated between ourselves and our pets.

I am also a member of Pam's site--aka:Bigtime not online often though.